Con cariño para @src

Nothing makes me think the earth is round, I know that the earth is a rotating spheroid.

How do I know this? Well even simple observations that anyone can make indicate this, for a start I’ve watched the sun come UP over the Pacific Ocean from BELOW the horizon from the East Coast of New Zealand where I grew up hundreds of times, here in Perth on the West Coast of Australia there is a bit of a tradition we call sundowners, on summers evenings groups of friends grab a blanket and a bottle or two of good wine and maybe some food, and go down to the beach and sit on the sand or grass to watch the sun go DOWN over the Indian Ocean and disappear BELOW the horizon, it’s spectacular!

Down here in the southern hemisphere at night we can see the south celestial pole with the stars appearing to rotate clockwise around it, it’s always due south no matter where in the southern hemisphere you are viewing it from, and it can be viewed from more than one country at a time simultaneously, due south from both countries, with the same stars appearing to rotate clockwise around it. Also the elevation of the celestial pole above the horizon is always equal to how many degrees south of the equator you’re viewing it from, here in Perth we are approximately 32 degrees south so the celestial pole is approximately 32 degrees elevation above the horizon. The same is true in an opposite sense for the north celestial pole (Polaris) in the northern hemisphere, the angle of which it appears above the horizon is always equal to how many degrees north of the equator you are viewing it from. Individually any of these facts indicate that the earth is round, together they prove it.

I’m a geophysicist, the company I work for flies airborne magnetic, radiometric, electromagnetic, and gravity surveys, we measure and record the earths physical properties to map geological structures within the crust. I’m a data processing manager at one of our regional offices, I spent nearly 10 years in the field working on surveys all over the world prior to moving into office based data processing. So much of what I do everyday is related to and confirms the globe shape of our planet,

For a start we all know that gravity and the flat earth model are mutually exclusive and cannot exist concurrently, well the company I work for owns and operates 3 CMG GT-1A airborne gravity meters and 2 Scintrex CG5 handheld gravity meters, the fact that these very expensive instruments even exist and that clients (oil and gas exploration companies) are willing to pay large sums of money for gravity surveys to help find and map buried low density paleo-sedimentary basin deposits is a pretty good indicator that gravity does indeed exist. Mapping gravity anomalies requires extreme precision, even the earths rotation must be corrected for, depending on the line direction the survey aircraft is flying the effects of coriolis and eotvos must be corrected for, if these corrections aren’t applied then the data will have obvious errors in it, but if the earth wasn’t a rotating globe then inputting corrections to correct for the rotation would just generate errors instead of removing them. Aircraft accelerations must be removed from airborne gravity data, to do this we locate the position of the aircraft using high precision post processed GPS data, our onboard acquisition system GPS and ground base-station GPS units record all the raw ephemeris data from GPS satellites, the ephemeris data from each satellite contains information about where the satellite was when it transmitted the data and information regarding the clock in the satellite, during processing we examine this data to identify and remove any noise in the signals from the GPS satellites which if not removed would translate into noise in the aircraft position and then into noise in the gravity data, if the satellites were not in the orbital positions that the ephemeris data indicated then we would not be able to use that GPS data to triangulate the position of a GPS receiver on the ground or in an aircraft, it simply would not work.

When we plan an airborne geophysical survey we need precise information regarding the terrain in the survey area, this allows us to plan a minimum safe flying height, this minimum and maximum survey height is contractually agreed with our clients. To do this we download and examine SRTM data, SRTM stand for Shuttle Radar Topography Mission, this is a digital elevation model of the earths surface that was collected by Shuttle mission STS-99 in 2000, it covers the globe from 56 degrees south to 60 degrees north, anyone can download this for free (SRTM 90m Digital Elevation Database v4.1)

During acquisition all of the geophysical data is recorded and positioned by the GPS in our acquisition system using the WGS84 coordinate system, this is a worldwide geodetic datum, when the data is processed and displayed on geophysical maps for our clients the coordinates are transformed to local universal transverse mercator projections, if the world wasn’t a spheroid then converting coordinates from a geodetic datum to a flat mercator projection would be meaningless, nothing would actually be where our maps indicate, our clients would not be happy.

I could keep writing this forever, but I need to get back to work (processing airborne geophysical data).

The earth is a rotating globe.

https://www.quora.com/What-makes-you-think-the-earth-is-round

@lofarcio dijo en Con cariño para @src:

if the world wasn’t a spheroid then converting coordinates from a geodetic datum to a flat mercator projection would be meaningless

me he reido

"blablabla y el mundo es una esfera porque trabajamos en un plano"

de verdad que si no fuera un tema tan serio es de risa

@src dijo en Con cariño para @src:

"blablabla y el mundo es una esfera porque trabajamos en un plano"

de verdad que si no fuera un tema tan serio es de risa

Yo no sé qué le ves a ese tema para que sea tan relevante que vivamos en un balón de futbol o en una tabla de planchar. Si es que es mentira lo de la "bola" pues otra mentira más que nos han contado, pero vamos a seguir viviendo igual.
    Pd: mientras escribía esto se me venido a la cabeza, ahí tienes un título para tu libro:

MARTÍNEZ, F. (2020), La "bola" del mundo: lo que la NASA no te cuenta. Ediciones Magufesa, Barcelona.

Próximamente disponible en Fnac, código de descuento: 1am60n.

A ver si encontráis el usuario oculto en el mensaje :ahsisi:

I’m a geophysicist, the company I work for flies airborne magnetic, radiometric, electromagnetic, and gravity surveys, we measure and record the earths physical properties to map geological structures within the crust. I’m a data processing manager at one of our regional offices, I spent nearly 10 years in the field working on surveys all over the world prior to moving into office based data processing. So much of what I do everyday is related to and confirms the globe shape of our planet,

Yo me pregunto cuál es la experiencia DIRECTA de los terraplanistas. ¿Son geofísicos como este señor? ¿Han hecho alguna medida de campo real?

En fin, podemos hacerlo así, cada pocos meses hablamos del tema y damos argumentos.

PD: Revista to nivel de compresión escrita del inglés, @src, no parece muy bueno, o a lo mejor también pasa que te falta base científica. Lo que dice es que si la tierra fuera plana y hubiera que convertir los posicionamientos (planos) a una esfera (imaginaria), y luego una proyección Mercator de esa esfera, al hacerlo al revés p. ej. para dirigir vehículos o localizar cosas, nada estaría allí porque las transformaciones no son reversibles en coordenadas.

Yo me pregunto cuál es la experiencia DIRECTA de los terraplanistas. ¿Son geofísicos como este señor? ¿Han hecho alguna medida de campo real?

En fin, podemos hacerlo así, cada pocos meses hablamos del tema y damos argumentos.

PD: Revista to nivel de compresión escrita del inglés, @src, no parece muy bueno, o a lo mejor también pasa que te falta base científica. Lo que dice es que si la tierra fuera plana y hubiera que convertir los posicionamientos (planos) a una esfera (imaginaria), y luego una proyección Mercator de esa esfera, al hacerlo al revés p. ej. para dirigir vehículos o localizar cosas, nada estaría allí porque las transformaciones no son reversibles en coordenadas.

Una vez más, y me sorprende tanto tener que repetírtelo que me pregunto si esta cuenta la lleva siempre la misma persona o si es que no has leído absolutamente nada de terraplanismo y sigues criticando algo que desconoces totalmente: intenta trabajar con geometría euclídea en una superficie esférica y cuéntanos cómo te va.

Respecto a si algún terraplanista ha tenido alguna experiencia directa que le indique que habitamos una superficie plana: lee ALGO terraplanista, macho. Tienes el foro lleno de aportes.

Es que es increíble.

Respecto a si algún terraplanista ha tenido alguna experiencia directa que le indique que habitamos una superficie plana: lee ALGO terraplanista, macho. Tienes el foro lleno de aportes.

Es que es increíble.

Esto me lo temía. Hala, a upear esos hilos magufos del señor. Pues no, no me valen supuestas tesis doctorales (que era mentira que dijeran que el mundo es plano) o videos y videos de youtube y sitios web magufales.

Querría alguien como el que he puesto. Buenas, soy astrofísico/geofísico/físico/ingeniero. He trabajado en esto y he hecho unas medidas con tal instrumento comprobado (manuales enteros que se pueden consultar sobre él). Resulta que la tierra es esférica plana. Algo así todavía no he visto y, la verdad, sigo sin esperarlo y no me interesa revisar toneladas de panemas para intentar encontrarlo.

Es que es increíble.

Esto me lo temía. Hala, a upear esos hilos magufos del señor. Pues no, no me valen supuestas tesis doctorales (que era mentira que dijeran que el mundo es plano) o videos y videos de youtube y sitios web magufales.

Querría alguien como el que he puesto. Buenas, soy astrofísico/geofísico/físico/ingeniero. He trabajado en esto y he hecho unas medidas con tal instrumento comprobado (manuales enteros que se pueden consultar sobre él). Resulta que la tierra es esférica plana. Algo así todavía no he visto y, la verdad, sigo sin esperarlo y no me interesa revisar toneladas de panemas para intentar encontrarlo.

Cualquier cosa antes que leer algo terraplanista, aunque sea el título "Tesis doctoral avalada por la UE confirma que habitas un plano inmóvil".

A mi me daría vergüenza.

Es que es increíble.

Cualquier cosa antes que leer algo terraplanista, aunque sea el título "Tesis doctoral avalada por la UE confirma que habitas un plano inmóvil".

A mi me daría vergüenza.

No te sulfures Fer, entiende que nos tienen muy bien engañados y que a los genios siempre se les ve como a magufos en sus inicios.
    Pd: parece ser que el Huawei de mi padre no tenía espacio y borró las fotos de las camas de la furgoneta, mañana a la tarde te hago un croquis si me acuerdo.

@Doctor-Trivago dijo en Con cariño para @src:

Es que es increíble.

A mi me daría vergüenza.

No te sulfures Fer, entiende que nos tienen muy bien engañados y que a los genios siempre se les ve como a magufos en sus inicios.
    Pd: parece ser que el Huawei de mi padre no tenía espacio y borró las fotos de las camas de la furgoneta, mañana a la tarde te hago un croquis si me acuerdo.

No me sulfuro, estoy bastante tranquilo, como casi siempre.

Yo escribo más para los lectores que para vosotros.

Es que es increíble.

A mi me daría vergüenza.

¿Y los traes aquí a leer tus cosas?
    ¿Sobre el título de tu futuro libro qué opinas? El doble sentido de la "bola" es un buen recurso, ¿no te parece?

Es que es increíble.

A mi me daría vergüenza.

¿Sobre el título de tu futuro libro qué opinas? El doble sentido de la "bola" es un buen recurso, ¿no te parece?

No, ya vienen solos, sé que lo sabes perfectamente jeje.

Es que es increíble.

A mi me daría vergüenza.

Sobreestimas mi poder. Solo soy un mindugui con ínfulas de grandeza.

Es que es increíble.

A mi me daría vergüenza.

Se dice mindugi, newfag.

Es que es increíble.

A mi me daría vergüenza.

Se dice mindugi, newfag.

No, yo soy minduguipuzcoano

Es que es increíble.

A mi me daría vergüenza.

Se dice mindugi, newfag.

Bueno, lo has sacado con gracia. Vas mejorando.

Es que es increíble.

A mi me daría vergüenza.

Se dice mindugi, newfag.

¿En serio que lo de la bola no tiene gracia?

Es que es increíble.

A mi me daría vergüenza.

Se dice mindugi, newfag.

¿En serio lo de la bola no tiene gracia?

Quizá alguien haya sonreido. No ha sido mi caso.

Tengo apalabrada la publicación de al menos un artículo sobre el tema con plena libertad de texto y longitud. Supongo que ya sabrás más cuando toque.

Es que es increíble.

A mi me daría vergüenza.

Se dice mindugi, newfag.

¿En serio lo de la bola no tiene gracia?

Quizá alguien haya sonreido. No ha sido mi caso.

Tengo apalabrada la publicación de al menos un artículo sobre el tema con plena libertad de texto y longitud. Supongo que ya sabrás más cuando toque.

Pero si me he currado la cita en APA y todo :llorona:
    ¡Felicidades! Aunque también podrías abrir un blog o un canal de YouTube, hoy día son la forma más fácil de llegar al público en general, aunque quizás el medio que usas te hace la criba de lectores no interesados.

Has perdido la conexión. Reconectando a Éxodo.